Thursday, November 5, 2009

Things to Do While Avoiding the Flu

Sigh.

I'm starting to feel a little claustrophobic with flu season now in full swing. I look at everyone on our daily walk around the neighborhood as if they were Typhoid Mary, and just wanted to spray their potentially Swine Flu laden germs all over my baby. I know it's incredibly unhealthy, but I don't know exactly what to do until she can be vaccinated.

The injectable vaccine is now available in Ventura County, but I'm not about to wait in line for three hours with hundreds of people teeming with God knows what sorts of illnesses. Besides, Nola can't get it for another three months, and she's the one I'm worried about. I am going crazy, and looking at things going in people's lives through the window of my computer screen, and wondering how you all are going on with your daily routines. I need to figure out some way to get a life without getting the flu.

Poor Nola has to put up with a lot of stir-crazy entertainment courtesy of her agoraphobic mother. I've included a video of the beginning of a "Three Little Pigs" puppet show that goes awry when Nola starts gnawing on one of the pigs. Don't worry, I sanitized it before the skit began.


No comments:

Post a Comment