Sunday, January 31, 2010

Toddlers and Tiaras, Eat Your Heart Out


Nola's Nonnie is in California, along with her camera, her portrait backdrops, baby-positioning poser seats, large reflective lighting screens, feather boas, and a crew of four assistants (all aged five and younger). I know, you think I'm kidding. All of this is true, and I have to say that it's equal parts funny and fabulous.

We took Nonnie's equipment, along with the help of her entourage (my sisters, Kim and Allyson's kiddos) and converted a pool table in Kim and Taylor's Summerland rental into a regular Sears Portrait studio. Over the course of three days, we shot a Nola calendar, entitled "Your Girl for All Seasons."

I decided to post a picture or two for each month as it passes. Since we only have one more day of January left, there's no time like the present! Don't worry, if there were any proceeds for the calendar, they would be earmarked for Nola's future therapy sessions.

1 comment: