Saturday, February 1, 2014

Charley's One!

My mom: What are you going to do for Charley's Birthday?
Me: Oh, probably nothing.
-silence-
My mom: Why don't you all come up here?

(In fairness to me, Nola just got over pneumonia, 
and we just started a massive project on the house)

I promise, I did not intend to shirk my mommy duties, Charley,
but I have to hand it to your Nonnie and Aunties,
because if not for them,
your birthday would have consisted of a cupcake 
and a shaky i-phone picture commemorating it.

Instead, we have a "Charley's One!" Bug-themed birthday
with cousins, signs, grab bags and all the necessary awesomeness
that makes any old event a Nonnie-sponsored one.

Thank you all for the awesome giraffe!
It only took two-hours for my sisters to confiscate it,
which tells me it's a prized possession!

The only reason Charley would pass up any food
is if it had a gigantic bug on it.

We managed to move past that pretty quickly.

And even found some room for petri dish jello slime!

Slurp!

No comments:

Post a Comment