Saturday, July 3, 2010

Rocky, the "DAH!"

Quick disclaimer: We do have a dog (or "Dah!" if you ask Nola). Yes, he's part pitbull, but he really is the greatest dog on earth. Even so, he's never, ever left alone with Nola.

I figure I had to get that out there for anybody who shares the same fear of the breed that I had (and still have). I wanted to honor our Rocky dog for just a moment, as he's a big part of our family and our daily life. Nola, Rocky and I are pretty much attached at the hip during the day, and Rocky has been wonderfully tolerant of Nola's frequent eye pokes, ear inspections, and attempts at an open-mouth kiss (he actually kind of looks forward to those).

I thought I'd take a moment to show off some of Rocky's extreme talents:

Rocky is very good at watching television. Here, he's catching up on the "Planet Earth" series, but his current favorite thing to watch is "Baby Einstein." Seriously. He's really into the puppets.


Upon returning from a walk, Rocky sometimes opts for alternative sources of water...

...that is, if I haven't discovered that his water bowl is empty... poor Rocky!

Rocky looks like he's telling the paparazzi to back off. I think he's yawning... well, that, or thinking about eating our child.


You didn't think that we could just put one picture of Nola in her fancy headband in here, did you? We all just love her, and "dah" does too!

1 comment:

  1. I do not know how Nola does it, but she keeps on getting cuter and cuter...so how does that happen, when she is already a 10? I love that little precious sweetheart! Rockie? Well that's another story!
    Love, Nonnie

    ReplyDelete