Friday, November 15, 2013

Grandma Flo Passed Away

My Grandma, my mom's mom, passed away.  
My mom, who's in her seventies, 
doesn't have either of her parents anymore.
Just writing that makes me cry.
There's no picking up the phone - even if just to check in.
It's hard on grandchildren to lose their grandparent,
but it's really hard on children to see their parents lose their parents.
It makes everything in life seem more fragile.
She was a strong, opinionated, and Godly woman,
who always emphasized the greatness and grace of God 
to her whole family and community.
She had six kids. Taught school without a college education.
Started a school, which became a bigger school.
If you're inclined, the story is here: 
http://www.littlecountrychristian.org/our_history.html
Her legacy lives on in each of us.  
Not just her six kids, 18 grandkids, and umpteen great grandkids, 
but it extends into the community.
She had to have taught thousands of children to read.
I love my Grandma Flo, and miss her greatly.
She was a great, great woman way before she was a great grandma.
I love you Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment