Friday, October 9, 2009

Getting Out of the House, Part One

In the Lebanese culture, there is a tradition in which a baby is kept more or less underwraps for the first 40 days of his or her life. Anything that allows me to shelter my baby from a germy germy world is a tradition I am more than happy to embrace.

However, that being said, I sure did get stir crazy by day 39. So, as soon as we could, Nola and I ventured out into the world. Never fear, those of you who are all overzealous about exposing your child to the outdoors and all of the germs therein, it's not like she and I have just been sitting at home watching My Antonio. There is also a brand new season of Real Housewives of Atlanta.

I was looking back at a few pictures that we took during her first few days, and here's one taken from Nola's very first walk. We look back, and yes, we can laugh at ourselves now.

We know that she was born in July, and it was probably not necessary to wear three layers, mittens and a beanie, but we were prepared for whatever this crazy climate had in store for us. We've come a long way since then, and due to the lengthy reading commitment you'd have to make within the confines of one blog entry... I've decided to break this one up. Stay tuned for "Getting Out of the House, Part Two."

1 comment: